Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Vegas, Baby!

Even though my trip to Vegas was a fortnight ago (good word, that), I know half of you haven't seen the goodness that is Vegas - bet you don't hear that phrase too often! And so it begins!



This is almost completely irrelevant except I think it's a cool picture. It's just a basketball hoop at my old elementary. What I would have put here, if I had a card reader, was my cell phone video of us arriving in Vegas; the quality's horrible, but my voice screaming in the background is pretty funny, I won't lie.


And here is the blessed place itself! Or at least the playground - they've put shades up over the equipment which made me think 'Man, what spoiled little rich kids', till I saw that almost every school playground in the SW has those now. Fact of the matter is they didn't have those when I was there. Clearly they didn't mind my getting skin cancer *grumble*.




I decided that it'd be kinda cool to see my walk home from my perspective - my walk home from school being the most vivid thing I could remember. And I was on foot anyways, so hey, why not make it sentimental? PS Its broken up by me turning off the video to take a picture or answer cell phone and so on and so forth.

Warning: The camera is jerking around constantly - I was walking, mind you. And it cuts out kind of abruptly, too, but I'm not a professional, so you'll just have to deal!


























Cool sidewalk spray-paint pics - the samurai's my favorite.












And here's my final shot of Sig Rogich and the end of my wonderful, literal trip down memory lane - I did go wander around Palo Verde's parking lot and stare at their pool in envy. It was way nicer than Kennewick's pool that we had to borrow.

Anyways. La dee da, there's the end of that.





















This was just a cool, giant, neon shoe that we saw outside our parking garage.











I saw this sign everywhere and for the first three times (I promise) I saw it, I thought it said 'Tower of Jews'. By the way, it says 'Tower of Jewels'.

Mindy and Nina walking towards the Stratosphere.

The Belagio Fountains as seen from our car. As we were getting pulled over. Yeah.

The blurred cop car as we sit there being stared down by lots of curious tourists.

Mindy and the beautiful lights of the fake Eiffel Tower. Or maybe I meant that the other way around, I don't know.

No comments: